Fine Day for a Farmers Market

Thursday, April 9, 2015















Top//Jeans (similar)//Shoes

There's a cute little city near us that holds a weekly farmers markets on Saturday mornings. I've been two weeks in a row now and I'm going to make an effort to try and go as often as I can. It is so fun to support local farmers and I have so much fun shopping there vs. the grocery store. Grocery shopping is my absolute least favorite chore. I've always joked about hiring a personal shopper to do it for us.

At the market I bought butternut squash, sweet potatoes, asparagus, strawberries, onions, grass fed beef, and sourdough bread. I've never actually tried cooking butternut squash or sweet potatoes but I like them both so figured I would try and make some baby food out of them. As a heads up to anyone going to a farmers market... BRING CASH! I went the first time without any cash on me so I only bought from vendors that took plastic which seemed to not be very many haha. I just assumed that nowadays everyone takes plastic but I was clearly wrong on that one. Also I feel a little embarrassed to say this but there was this lady I got talking to and she was so nice and helpful that I felt like I should buy something from her. She was selling tomato plants and I figured what the heck... If I can grow a person why not try growing a tomato. Let's just say that that tomato is no longer... I immediately forgot about it when I came home and a week later had to throw it out :( One of these days I will learn about gardening but not anytime soon I guess. 

Anyways I had such a fun time shopping around that I will definitely head back! Are there any farmers markets near you? Also have you ever tried growing anything yourself, because tips would be appreciated :)

Love y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |