Cohen's 12 Months

Wednesday, October 14, 2015





Weight: 19 lbs 13 oz

Height: 29.75 inches


Medical: He got his 10th tooth this month! And yet another cold. He's not even in nursery yet and he catches colds all of the time. 

Sleep: Cohen at one year of age, still DOES NOT sleep through the night. On a normal night he wakes up between 4 and 5 AM and I either nurse him or give him his binky. However with constant colds, ear infections, teething, and traveling, I never know what kind of night it's gonna be.
Clothes: Cohen is in 12 month clothes and some 12-18 month clothes depending on where from. 

Diapers: Pampers swaddlers size 3 still. I think it's time to upgrade to a larger diaper at night though because he always smells like pee in the morning haha

Diet: Cohen eats basically whatever we eat now. We have started buying him kids meals at restaurants. That just seems so weird to me that he's old enough to need a kids menu! 

We are still nursing but it's not really for hunger any more it's more for comfort before naps and bed and then in the morning as well. 

Cohen had cake for the first time at his birthday party a couple of days ago! Everyone was giving me a hard time because they couldn't believe it was his first time eating a baked good. 

Baby Gear Love: still really into balls, it's the only word he says he loves them so much! Cohen got some new toys for his birthday so I'm excited to start watching him play with those! We have a shape sorter at home that he likes to play with only if I initiate it. I put the shape half way in and he pushes it the rest of the way in. 

Firsts: first time eating cake, first birthday party for himself, first birthday, first time at the zoo, first byu game

Milestones: officially says ball in context (and says it often) 

Likes: grabbing my face and giving me a big kiss, saying ball to anything round, reading books and turning the pages, clapping, entertaining a crowd, dogs, going outside, and playing pat-a-cake

Dislikes: walking, being told no
Things I want to remember: 
-gets sad now when I leave the room or he can't see me 
-how he runs with daddy
-how people compliment how happy and energetic he is
-how he claps when you say pat-a-cake and "yay Cohen"
-how he points to things
-how he loves to give kisses but not on demand, he'll grab my face and give kisses
-his thirst for knowledge by discovering the world around him

Happy Birthday my sweet baby Cohen. I can't believe it has been an entire year since we've met. You have brought so much joy to our lives and many laughs. You love to entertain us and keep us on our toes with how busy you are. You like to be independent but also aren't afraid to let us know when you need mommy or daddy. This year has just flown by, please promise me the next 17 won't go this quickly. I don't think mommy can handle that. It's so happy to see you have grown into a fun loving boy but sad that the moments slip between our fingers sometimes. Please know that you are loved by many. Friends, family, and your father in Heaven love you so very much. Always remember that. Happy birthday Co!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |