Roasted Tomato and Garlic Lentil Salad

Tuesday, May 10, 2016



My mom use to make lentils ALL the time growing up but I always HATED them. I was a bit of a picky eater back then. My brother loved lentils so my mom continued to make them anyways. After making this recipe I called my mom excited that I can now eat lentils!

For Salad:
2 Heads Garlic
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
3 Cups grape tomatoes
1 Red Onion Sliced
4 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Cups Green Lentils
1 Cup Diced Celery
1 Cup Diced Orange Pepper

For Dressing:
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Roast Garlic 30-35 minutes
3. Put tomatoes and onions on parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil for 25-30 minutes
4. When roasted garlic heads are done, remove cloves from the paper and mash the cloves in a separate bowl
5. Boil broth and add lentils to boiling broth. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes and then train.
6. Chop up bell pepper and celery and everything in a bowl together
7. Make dressing by combining olive oil and lemon juice
8. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |